Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Connections on the Blogosphere

Well, I'm starting to get my blog out there, and MAN it feels great. I pretty much squealed in delight when I got my first comment and then went for a 5 minute dance rave... which my poor sister had to witness. I think she's scarred for life. But a special thanks to Rachel for being the person behind that comment. You will forever hold a special place among my 'blends' (I am now picking up on blogging slang, this particular term meaning blogging friends. Oh, I am in way over my head...AHHH).

Today's run, sadly, was back to the old routine mostly because of insufferable heat (I'm a wimp) and an overwhelming desire to return to the computer and get on with all my little blogging endeavors. I don't think I've ever done something 'halfway', and this is proof. Later today I plan on taking my little doggy for a walk just to be sure I get enough fresh air. I think, sadly, at this point I would take a laptop computer on a walk with me if A) I had one and B) I could type and walk at the same time. There simply are never enough hours in the day for everything I want to do. I don't know what's going to happen when school rolls around next week.
An Empty Bowl Awaiting Today's Recipe.... Pretty Bowls Make Everything Taste Better!

Today's breakfast consisted of a slight adaptation of Katie's Peach Breakfast Bake. An update on the status of our fridge/freezer: still not working. The repairman finally got a chance to come yesterday and it turns out we'll have to order a new part and then he'll have to return to install it. So, out came all of our frozen foods, and I am trying my hardest to be as not-wasteful as possible when it comes to them. Frozen peaches that were dethawed already? Check. Time for some peachy-keen recipes, then! (The other sad thing is nothing keeps, so I've been trying to make single-serve things. And although Katie's recipe supposedly serves 3 people, I adapted it to my needs for... 1. I mean, it only came to about 400 calories total after my modifications, so I think it was justified...Maybe.)
Here's A Picture of Mine

Hi-Ho CHEERIO PEACH COBBLER
*For the Peaches*
2.5 Cups Sliced Peaches (Thawed, from frozen bag. Or slice your own)
1 T. Brown Sugar
1/2 T. Cornstarch
1/2 T. Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
Dash Nutmeg
Dash Ginger
*For the Topping*
1 Cup. Cinnamon Cheerios, crushed a little bit
1 T. Coconut Butter, melted

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine all ingredients for peaches in small bowl.
  3. Top with slightly-crushed cheerios (you will want some to remain as whole O's)
  4. Drizzle entire dish with butter
  5. Bake for 45 minutes
  6. ENJOY! I like it better served cold, actually, but it is good warm too. You can combine it with yogurt, whipped cream, ice cream, fro-yo, or pudding. I also might recommend some vanilla protein oat pudding!
*Note, I ate this whole bake. It wasn't too incredibly filling, I would say, so for a big fruity breakfast you might do the same. Or eat half as a small pre-workout meal and the rest at the end for your post-workout recovery snack. In any case, enjoy it how you like!
*In my recipe, entire dish, yes EVERYTHING totals up to be: 405 calories, 75g carbs (Don't freak out-most are natural sugars from the peaches or whole grains from the cereal!), 6g fat

QUESTION OF THE DAY:
What is your favorite dessert flavor/indulgent dessert, specifically? Mine would have to be peanut butter chocolate pretzel. All together. MMMMMM. I plan to make some awesome adaptations of healthy things with your ideas, so keep me posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment