Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Spicy Pizza Hummus in 5 minutes!

Another recipe! Yea! This one is inspired by Katie's pizza hummus... in fact they're pretty similar, so I can't take a whole lot of credit. But nutritional yeast... wow. What great stuff! That's all I'm gonna say. It really punches up the flavor of this, and I think I may start sprinkling it willy-nilly everywhere! And this hummus... I love it. I eat it even without things to dip, that's how good it is. It truly tastes like you're eating a pizza, except the texture is nice and creamy and you get a little zing from the spice that I added. And another plus? It's REALLY healthy, between the beans for protein and fiber, the tomatoes for vitamin C and lycopene, and pretty low calorie, too (only 150 for a BIG half cup that will fill ya right up!)

Without further ado, I present to you:

SPICY PIZZA HUMMUS

1/2 cup cooked garbanzo beans, drained if from can
1/4 cup no salt added tomato sauce
2 T. Nutritional Yeast Flakes
1 teaspoon Sundried Tomato+ Rosemary Spice (or mix your own)
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon Siracha chil sauce or spicy buffalo sauce (for buffalo pizza flavor!)
Dash Garlic Salt (opt)
Finely Chopped Tomatoes/Pepper (opt)

  1. Put everything into a blender and blend for 2-3 minutes. Then puree for an additional minute. I allowed some bean chunks to stay in mine because I thought that added something (hence the veggie chunks, also)... And you're done! EAT UP! YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment