Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Running Shoe Shopping

If there is one thing that I love to buy, it would have to be shoes. Flats, converse... and of course, running shoes. I love the bright colors, testing out the soles, trying to figure out all the new technology. But somehow today, despite all the wonderful options available, I did the only thing a girl could do: go with the classic. I'm an Asiacs girl. I think the past 5 or 6 pairs I've owned have all been Asiacs! This time, though, I actually ended up with the exact same pair. Yupp. THE EXACT SAME: color, size, design, model... the only difference of course, was that I hadn't been wearing them! I figured it was a new season, so it was probably time to get a new pair, but I couldn't help feeling a little foolish. Why was I dishing out another $90 to get something I already had? I don't know... oh well. I trust these shoes. They've been like old friends, carrying me through hard workouts and hikes and rainstorms and adventures in the woods...and I definitely just used a run-on sentence. Once again: oh well.

I sadly haven't had a whole lot of time in the kitchen due to school starting up again (technically I really should be studying right now for a test in AP Bio...on the second full day of school no less!) so no new recipes to report. I did, however, whip up something a little yummy quite some time ago which I brought up on Averie's site here. Pumpkin peanut butter. Maybe it sounds like a strange combination, but I think it's heaven. A great fall twist on an old classic at the very least! Here's the super easy recipe:

Sarah's Pumpkin Pie Peanut Butter
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
1.5 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dash Pumpkin Pie Spice
1-2 teaspoons raisins
1-2 teaspoons chopped walnuts or pecans
2 teaspoons almond milk
Sweetener to taste (I don't use any)
*Optional- a handful of cacao nibs or chocolate chips :)
Note: this isn't a picture of my recipe. I don't have one. This image came from here. But mine looks just as good, if not better!

Simply stir everything together and keep in the fridge. Serve on sandwiches, with graham crackers, apples, bananas, celery, bread, on oatmeal....whatever your heart desires. Or even eat it with a spoon, because it is THAT good. Especially with the chocolate. Shhh. I won't tell anyone.

I've really been into pumpkin lately, in case you haven't noticed. In fact, I ate it with every meal today! (pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin pb sandwich, pumpkin burgers, pumpkin pie banana protein shake...the list didn't end!) Something about it just warms you from inside out, though. And I needed some motivation at practice today. We ran 800 reps with medicine balls/agility ladders/strength in between each. And we increased the speed by 10 seconds with each round. We only did 3 800s total, but of course we had the 15 minute warmup run and all of that strength, so in the heat it made for a pretty tough workout. Plus, I had conditioning in gym, and I worked HARD with lunges and on the weight resistance machines. I'm going to get MUSCLES this year (my goal, at least....)

Question of the day: What is YOUR shopping addiction? Do you have a go-to exercise apparel or shoe that you just can't let go of? 

No comments:

Post a Comment