Or, if you live on the East Coast, to get used to sleeping in again after your first week of school, completely throwing off your transition. But that's just my opinion. Not that anyone could complain about Labor Day when there's a beautiful little dessert to celebrate... (it's red, white, and blue, so clearly it was made for this day!)
Much like these little guys:
I just couldn't get enough with my little funfetti protein cakes so it was time to bake up another lovely little cake adaptation. Needless to say... this one isn't exactly for the health nut. It IS, however, absolutely delicious, and you will not regret making it. It's a party in your mouth. Truly. A sweet, beautiful, fiesta.
EXTRA-GOOEY FUNFETTI BLONDIES
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 +1/4 cup funfetti cake mix
3/4 cup All Purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
Extra Sprinkles (optional....but come on. Of course you'll use them)
Red and Blue Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9x9 pan
- Cream the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla together in large mixing bowl. I used my handy-dandy Kitchenaid mixer, which can handle just about anything!
- In separate bowl, combine cake mix, flour, baking soda, and a handful of sprinkles. Add slowly to wet mixture, stirring constantly (or if you don't have a mixture, between each flour/cake addition.
- Once well mixed, pour out into pan. Batter will be thick, so you may need to spread it a bit.
- Make lines of each red and blue food coloring on top of mix. Using a knife, make small swirls in the batter to get the marbled effect. Add additional sprinkles on top of everything.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes in oven until toothpick comes out clean. You want them to still be gooey, but if you prefer a cakier texture just leave them in for longer.
- Cut into squares (I made 9 large ones) and ENJOY THIS HEAVEN!